Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Monkeys are Funny! The Hypocrisy of the Left

Some time ago, when I was taking guitar lessons from a far-left friend of mine, I noticed he had a rather offensive picture on his computer, set as his wallpaper. Needless to say, he his not my friend anymore for a variety of reasons, most of which don't deal with his politics at all. But as the years passed, and as we near the presidential election of Barack Obama versus John McCain (or in my case, versus Bob Barr), the image on my former friend's computer keeps coming back to me.

Here is the picture, or a variation of it, that can be found everywhere on the internet:



Oh, isn't it so funny! Bush looks like such a chimp! Man, Bush is just an idiot, isn't he? What a fool! What a moron! Hee hee! He's so stupid. He looks like a monkey! He IS nothing but a trained monkey!

Now, I've got my issues with the President - I believe he's basically destroyed the Republican Party, and has strayed so far from its conservative and constitutional principles that he might as well have joined the Democrat Party. But creating this collage is just plain wrong.

And I'll show you why.

My fellow liberals out there, so excited for hope and change, how does this picture make you feel:



It is the exact same picture as the one featuring Bush, but now features Barack Obama. I imagine that the same liberals, leftists and Democrats out there who laughed so hard at Bush being compared to a chimp, who pasted it on their computer wallpaper for all to see and snicker at, are now shocked. How dare you! How dare you compare Barack Obama to a monkey! You're a racist and bigot!

As I created this image, I felt awful. It isn't right. It's horrible. It isn't funny. And that's the whole point.

Comparing Bush to a monkey is funny. Comparing Obama to a monkey is horrible and racist.

That, my friends, is the hypocrisy of the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment